How To Look After Your Lace Frontal Closure
Almost everyone has tried a lace frontal or has contemplated one. A lace frontal allows one to wear a full weave with no hair leave out while giving the appearance of natural scalp.
If you are new to lace frontals and closures and are concerned with building a healthy hair weave regimen, here are a few guidelines brought up by Loks Hair.
- Make sure that your weave is installed by someone who is an expert in lace installation. A greatly installed weave will give you an amazing starting point.
- Sleep with a silk scarf avoids tying it tightly. This keeps your frontal from moving about at night and reduces friction with your hairline which could cause damage.
- Brush your hair from tip to point everyday but be gentle when brushing the frontal area. There is nothing worse than a weave that is unkempt and matted.
- When washing your hair, use a mild sulphate-free shampoo. Sulphates are normally too harsh for weave. Especially if the weave is not virgin hair. They strip your hair of its Keratin coat and makes your weave more prone to tangling.
- Try not to blow-dry your weave. Ever! Allow to air-dry. Not only is the blow-dry process too rough for lace, it also makes weave brittle by over drying it.
- Use a leave-in conditioner, do not skip this step. It is important to use a leave-in conditioner in order to de-tangle strands, tame frizz, reduce fly-aways and keep your hair smooth. Choose one that is light-weight and won’t have your hair looking greasy.
- Never go to bed with a wet weave. This will encourage matting and lead to that musty smell. Wash your hair earlier in the day and leave to air dry.
- Explore styling methods that do not require heat because heat can zap shine from hair. If you like your hair curly, then use light and soft bendy rollers. These should be used to set your hair overnight and can be used on dry or damp hair not soaking wet hair to avoid matting and odors.
- If you do insist on using heat, then use a good heat protestant, which leaves hair crunch-free, bouncy and shiny.
Disclaimer: some article and pictures may not belong to our site, some pictures are collected from the network, Please notify if violated the original author's copyright and we will remove it immediately.