Hair is one kind of light industry, and hair industry is divided into hair weft, toupee, wig, synthetic, etc.
1. by ingredient: human hair, synthetic hair, mixed hair.
2. By material: Synthetic hair and human hair. Synthetic hair is made by synthetic, looks not real, will make people feel itchy after wearing, might stimulate the scale easily. But it is cheap, and keep the style well. Human hair is made by human hair, looks real, not easy to tangle, can be curled, ironed and dyed, easy to change the style, but it is expensive, and the style can’t be kept well.
3. By size: hair weft and wig. Wigs can be wore directly. Hair weft can be customized by different demand, and made into different size and different styles, looks real, breathable.
4. By making ways: machine made and hand tied. Machine made hair is made by machine and made in bulk, price is cheaper. Hand tied hair is handmade, price is higher.
5. By purpose: cosplay wigs, party wigs, etc.
6. By length: long hair and short hair.
Article source: http://www.lokshair.com/the-classification-of-hair-898.html